Cantrell Wellness Center COVID-19 Update 07/31/20
UPDATE: The Cantrell Wellness Center remains open with temporarily adjusted hours
Note: Face coverings are required in the waiting area. See below for more information.
At the time of this update, Gov. Kemp’s most recent executive order was issued July 15th. In following the restrictions outlined in that executive order, the Cantrell Center continues to be open with temporarily adjusted hours:
Gym Hours & Classes
- Gym Hours: Monday, Wednesday, & Friday from 7:00am-5:00pm and from 8:00am-5:00pm on Tuesday & Thursday
- Cycling Revolution:Monday at 4:00pm
- Power Hour:Monday & Thursday at 12:30pm
- 30 Minute Abs:Wednesday at 12:30pm
- Chair & Balance:Tuesday & Thursday at 9:15am
- Beyond the Chair:Tuesday & Thursday at 10:00am
- LocoMotion:Tuesday & Thursday at 10:45am
Aquatic Classes & Lap Swim/Solo Aquatics
- Lap Swim & Solo Aquatics: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 7am-9am and 3pm-5:45pm
- Arthritis Foundation Aquatic Classes:Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 10:00am & 11:00am
- Water Walking: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 2:00pm
- Water Aerobics:Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 9:00am, 12:00pm, 1:00pm, and 5:45pm
August 1-29 Schedule: Click here for the August 1-29 schedule.
We so appreciate your loyalty and support during these difficult times. We apologize for any inconvenience if the Cantrell Center is not accessible during the times you usually visit the facility. Presently, our adjusted schedule reflects our cooperation and compliance with the most recent executive order issued by the Governor on July 15th. We're taking every precaution to maintain a safe and clean environment for you. There are also changes in the rules and regulations on how we operate within the facility. Some of those rules and changes will apply to you as guests. Below is a list of things you'll need to know:
- You may not enter if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have had COVID-19 symptoms, or have had contact with a person who is suspected to have COVID-19.
- All members must enter through the front entrance for COVID-19 screening -- we recommend members arrive 15 early.
- Do not drink directly from the water fountain- cups have been provided or you may use your water bottle.
- Maintain 6 feet distance from others in the gym and 10 feet distance from others during group classes.
- No congregating in gym, locker room, pool, or pool deck.
- Sanitize equipment after use.
- Usage of locker room limited to restroom use only. Come ready to get in the pool. Bring a robe/towel so you can shower at home. Only 3 women at a time will be permitted in the restroom. Only 2 men at a time will be permitted in the restroom. No shower use permitted.
- Class participants: After screening, please wait in the waiting room until being directed by a Cantrell Center staff member to proceed back to the classroom area. Do not linger after the class ends.
- Aquatic Classes: Due to social distancing requirements of group fitness classes, we must limit class participation.
- Lap Swim & Solo Aquatics: In order to accommodate more members while still maintaining social distancing requirements, we are limiting participants of lap swim & solo aquatics to 45 minutes.
- Maximum of 10 members in the gym at a time.
- Use every other cardio equipment in order to maintain social distance.
- Face coverings are required while in the waiting area. You may wear a face covering (mask, Cantrell Center Hoo-rag, scarf, etc.) for extra protection, though it is not required while exercising.
August 1-29 Schedule: Click here for the August 1-29 schedule.
These guidelines and schedule are set until August 29th after which time we will reassess and determine the schedule for the following two to four weeks.
Questions about your membership/contract? Please give a call at 478-333-6777. We appreciate your patience as we are currently staggering administrative shifts.
Due to this ever-changing environment, please check back for updates.
Cantrell Center for Physical Therapy COVID-19 Update 07/23/20
The Cantrell Center for Physical Therapy Remains Open and Dedicated to Providing Stellar Patient Care
Attention Patients & Guests:
- Masks required: Due to the close proximity with our physical therapists, all patients are required to wear masks or other face covering during treatment.
- No Patient Companions Permitted: Under normal circumstances, the Cantrell Center welcomes our patients to have someone accompany them for treatment. We know having someone with you provides support and reassurance for patients and families alike. The COVID-19 pandemic is a difficult time for all of us. Times have changed quickly and dramatically due to the virus. As a patient-centered facility, we must do everything we can to prevent the spread of this disease and protect our patients, staff and visitors. In order to do this, our new visitor stance puts strong limits on visitors entering our center during this pandemic. No patient companions will be permitted to visit or accompany patients, except for in certain situations. Anyone accompanying a patient may wait in their car or leave and return to pick the patient up after their treatment.
The Department of Homeland Security has deemed Physical Therapy services essential. Therefore, we have remained open to provide you with the stellar patient care we’re known for. Special provisions are being made to continue appointments within our clinic and we are also providing the option of Telehealth services (video conferencing/e-Visits) for our patients.
The health and well-being of our patients, members, staff, and staff is our highest priority. The Cantrell Center is actively monitoring Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates from the World Health Organization and the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and our local and state authorities.
If you have concerns regarding a decline in your mobility and/or strength, please know you have options!
You may talk to your doctor and, if appropriate, your doctor may fax over a prescription for Physical Therapy to the Cantrell Center. This way we can schedule an appointment with our expert clinicians to evaluate what your needs are to help you develop, maintain, and/or restore maximum range of movement, strength, and functionality during this time.
Patients are only being admitted after being screened and, as always, are seen one-on-one by their therapist. See more about the special provisions we have made below.
- Special Provisions are being made for Treatment within the Clinic (Pool and/or Land): Special provisions are being made to continue appointments within our clinic including a COVID-19 screening made up of a five point questionnaire and temperature reading prior to allowing patients inside the building. In addition, each clinician is equipped with gloves and a mask. Due to the close proximity to our physical therapists, we are requiring patients wear masks for physical therapy treatment. Our 20,000 square foot facility and private treatment rooms allow for social distancing with ease. As a medical facility, we maintain the highest quality of cleanliness standards for the health and well-being of our patients and staff.
- Contactless Appointments: We are also providing the option of Telehealth services (video conferencing/e-Visits) for our patients who could benefit from treatment, but prefer to stay at home. This especially convenient option allows those with underlying health issues who are at a higher risk to make progress while remaining safe in the comfort of their own home.
Questions? We’re here to help!
Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at 478-953-3535.