Cantrell Wellness Center COVID-19 Update 05/29/20
UPDATE: The Cantrell Wellness Center has extended the temporarily adjusted wellness hours (M- F from 8am to 5pm) through June 13th.
NEW!: We have added a 12pm Water Aerobics class on Monday, Wednesday, & Friday!
We reopened the pool and gym in a limited capacity on Monday, May 18th from 8am-5pm Monday through Friday through May 30th. Given there were no changes concerning gyms in the executive order issued by Gov. Kemp on May 12th and the executive order issued on May 28th, and with the shelter in place order for the most vulnerable still in effect through June 13th; we have decided to extend the temporarily adjusted wellness hours of Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm through June 13th.
We so appreciate your loyalty and support during these difficult times. We apologize for any inconvenience if the Cantrell Center is not accessible during the times you usually visit the facility. Presently, our adjusted schedule reflects our cooperation and compliance with the most recent executive order issued by the Governor on May 28th. We're taking every precaution to maintain a safe and clean environment for you. There are also changes in the rules and regulations on how we operate within the facility. Some of those rules and changes will apply to you as guests. Below is a list of things you'll need to know:
- You may not enter if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have had COVID-19 symptoms, or have had contact with a person who is suspected to have COVID-19.
- All members must enter through the front entrance for COVID-19 screening -- we recommend member arrive 15 early.
- Do not drink directly from the water fountain - cups have been provided or you may use your water bottle.
- Maintain 6 feet distance from others in the gym and 10 feet distance from others during group classes.
- No congregating in gym, locker room, pool, or pool deck.
- Sanitize equipment after use.
- Usage of locker room limited to restroom use only. Come ready to get in the pool. Bring a robe/towel so you can shower at home. Only 3 women at a time will be permitted in the restroom. Only 2 men at a time will be permitted in the restroom. No shower use permitted.
- Class participants: After screening, please wait in the waiting room until being directed by a Cantrell Center staff member to proceed back to the classroom area. Do not linger after the class ends.
- Aquatic Classes: Due to social distancing requirements of group fitness classes, we must limit class participation.
- Lap Swim & Solo Aquatics: In order to accommodate more members while still maintaining social distancing requirements, we are limiting participants of lap swim & solo aquatics to 45 minutes.
- Maximum of 10 members in gym at a time.
- Use every other cardio equipment in order to maintain social distance.
- You may wear a face covering (mask, Cantrell Center Hoo-rag, scarf, etc.) for extra protection, though is it not required.
Click here for a printer-friendly version of the COVID-19 precautions.
June 1-13 Schedule: Click HERE for the June 1-13 Wellness schedule.
These guidelines and schedule are set until June 13th after which time we will reassess and determine the schedule for the following two weeks.
Questions about your membership/contract? Please give a call at 478-333-6777. We appreciate your patience as we are currently staggering administrative shifts.
Due to this ever-changing environment, please check back for updates.
Cantrell Center for Physical Therapy COVID-19 Update 05/29/20
Cantrell Center for Physical Therapy Remains Open
The Department of Homeland Security has deemed Physical Therapy services essential. Therefore, we will continue to provide patient care at this time. Special provisions are being made to continue appointments within our clinic and we are also providing the option of Telehealth services (video conferencing/e-Visits) for our patients.
The health and well-being of our patients, members, staff, and staff is our highest priority. The Cantrell Center is actively monitoring Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates from the World Health Organization and the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and our local and state authorities.
If you have concerns regarding a decline in your mobility and/or strength during the government-mandated closure of our Wellness Program, please know you have options!
You may talk to your doctor and, if appropriate, your doctor may fax over a prescription for Physical Therapy to the Cantrell Center. This way we can schedule you an appointment with our expert clinicians to evaluate what your needs are to help you develop, maintain, and/or restore maximum range of movement, strength, and functionality during this time.
Patients are only being admitted after being screened and, as always, are seen one-on-one by their therapist. See more about the special provisions we have made below.
- Special Provisions are being made for Treatment within the Clinic
(Pool and/or Land): Special provisions are being made to continue appointments within our clinic including a COVID-19 screening made up of a five point questionnaire and temperature and oxygen level reading prior to allowing patients inside the building. In addition, each clinician is equipped with gloves and a mask. Our 20,000 square foot facility and private treatment rooms allow for social distancing with ease. As a medical facility, we maintain the highest quality of cleanliness standards for the health and well-being of our patients and staff.
- Contactless Appointments: We are also providing the option of Telehealth services (video conferencing/e-Visits) for our patients who could benefit from treatment, but prefer to stay at home. This especially convenient option allows those with underlying health issues who are at a higher risk to make progress while remaining safe in the comfort of their own home.
Questions? We’re here to help!
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at 478-953-3535.