A brief assessment is required to determine class eligibility for Chair & Balance, Beyond the Chair, and LocoMotion. Call 333-6777 for details.
These classes are offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays in 8 week sessions to help track your progress and better tailor your program. The first 8 week sessions kicks off September 3rd through October 24th.
Initial assessments are Thursday, August 29th. Reassessments will be Tuesday, October 29th. Call 333-6777 for details.
Registration required for each class. It’s the member’s responsibility to contact us if unable to make it to class. This is important as many times we have a waiting list. Due to the limited space in these classes, your late arrival may result in the loss of your spot in that class.
- Cantrell Wellness Center: COVID-19 Update: The Cantrell Wellness Center reopened with temporarily adjusted wellness hours on May 18th. Please see the homepage of our website for details: www.cantrellcenter.com.
- Cantrell Wellness Hours for Thanksgiving:
- Thursday, Nov. 26th – Closed
- Friday, Nov. 27th – Open Saturday Hours* (Pool & Gym: 8:00 AM – Noon) *The pool will follow the Saturday schedule on this day except for the following adjustment: Arthritis Class @ 11am.
- The Cantrell Wellness Center will Resume regular hours on Saturday, Nov. 28th.
- Early closure on Wednesday, Dec. 16th @ 2pm: On this day, the Cantrell Center staff comes together as a family for the annual office Christmas party. We will resume regular business hours on Thursday, Dec. 17th. Thank you for helping us celebrate this Christmas season!
Chair & Balance
In this 30 minute class, your instructor will take you through strengthening exercises in a chair as well as standing balancing exercises, at times using equipment such as dumbbells, exercise balls, resistance bands, and more.
Beyond the Chair
In this 30 minute class, your instructor will take you through strengthening exercises not limited to a chair. You will go through intermediate/ advanced balance exercises, standing for longer periods of time and focusing to increase flexibility, strength, balance.
In this upbeat, 30 minute balance & cardio dance class, your instructor will lead you through basic dance exercises to several of your favorite tunes. This class will target your coordination, challenging participants to think on their feet while enjoying an energetic and fast-paced dance class.
Non-Members/Pool Only Members: $10 per session
Land Members: NO COST-This class is INCLUDED in the Land Membership
Again— Space is limited, so call (478) 333-6777 to reserve your spot!